If you are dealing with crushing debt, and you're tired of having creditors call you day and night, you might be wondering if bankruptcy is a good solution. Here are five reasons why bankruptcy might be the answer you've been looking for:
1) Your first priority is your family - you must place your own needs, and those of your family, over those of your creditors. It doesn't make sense to let creditors push you into paying them if it means your family has to go without.
2) In many cases, bankruptcy will actually improve your credit. That sounds counterintuitive, I know, but consider this: One third of your credit score is based on your debt-to-income ratio, so eliminating your debt gives your score a significant boost. If you have good credit, though, bankruptcy will lower your credit score - but only temporarily. If you establish at least 4 lines of credit after bankruptcy, you should be able to raise your score to the 600s or 700s within a couple of years.
3) The concept of bankruptcy is deeply rooted in history - even back to Biblical times. The Book of Numbers required debt forgiveness every seven years; likewise, cultures throught the centuries have recognized release from debt as an element of a productive society. Even the founding fathers of the
4) The chances you will regret a bankruptcy filing are next to zero. Bankruptcy lawyers almost never hear a client say that they wish they hadn't filed - in fact, most people will tell you that it's the best thing they've ever done. Being free from overwhelming debt and nagging creditors is well worth going through the filing process.
5) You will avoid garnishments, leins, and tax levies. It's a terrible feeling to discover that your wages have been garnished, or that your bank funds have been frozen. Bankruptcy gives you the assurance that this will never happen.
If you're in over your head, and you're ready for relief from the financial stress you've been carrying around, head over to http://www.NewYorkBankruptcyHelp.com to learn more about how bankruptcy can give you a fresh start - and help you enjoy your life again!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jay_Fleischman